Following the instructions in this article you will find the shutter count on the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 mirrorless camera. Panasonic is doing a great job by allowing the users to access this kind of information via a service menu. Some other camera manufacturers like for example Canon do not provide an easy way to access this kind of information on their digital photo cameras.
With your camera’s battery well charged, perform the following steps in sequence:
- Insert a memory card into the card slot.
- Press and hold simultaneously the Q.MENU/Fn2, DISP/Fn1, and RIGHT ARROW buttons, while turning the camera ON.
- Now, press and hold the Q.MENU/Fn2 button together with the MENU/SET and LEFT ARROW buttons.
- Repeat the last step, that is press and hold the Q.MENU/Fn2 button, while pressing the MENU/SET and LEFT ARROW buttons. A two-page operation history display will appear
- Press DISP/Fn1 to toggle between the two information menus.
- Write down the number next to
- The number next to PWRCNT is how many times the camera has been powered up.
- The number next to SHTCNT is the shutter activation count.
- The number next to STBCNT is the number of times the flash has fired.
- Switch the camera off to revert back to normal operating mode. Congratulations, you have successfully retrieved the shutter actuations information!
The video below will guide you through the whole process: